2 Mar 2014

GlossyBox January!

I am well aware that it is the second of march, however being at university means that i only get to open my boxes when I come home! So here are two Glossybox posts in a row. When I opened up my first ever Glossybox, I was really impressed with the quality of the box and eager to open it. I loved the tissue paper and ribbon, and I will definitely be using them as storage boxes. I understand that the first box was a back-to-basics box, however I wasn't overwhelmed by it.


I have heard such great things about the company and I think its and amazing idea to send little products that you may not normally buy, which is why I signed up to a 6 month subscription. There wasn't anything inside that made me go wow. My first thing I felt was regret, as I was torn between Glossybox and Birchbox. Maybe after this subscription ends, I could give them ago.

Like I said, I was very impressed with the presentation. Probably my favourite product were the tweezers from 'The Vintage Cosmetic Company'. I loved the floral pattern and the cute plastic packet it came in. Ironically, I've always stolen my mums set so now I finally have my own pair. According to leaflet, they are worth £8. Not a bad bargain considering I pay £9.95 a month.

I've never really bought into the eye patches, so I must give this ago. You can see in the packet that they are well hydrated as you can see the liquid in the packet. I'm glad there are two sets. I am a sufferer of bags under the eyes so maybe this is a silver lining to the box? From other reviews Ive read, they seem to have good feedback. They are worth £6 for a pack of 3. As there were 2, this is work £4 in my box.


Other boxes that I've seen have had the Vaseline moisturiser which I would much rather have had. Mainly because instead I received the Montagne Jeunesse Face masks. If any of you saw my twitter a few weeks ago, my skin didnt respond well to in, and made my eyes sting and caused a lot of pain. So unfortunately I can't used these as they cause some sort of reaction. However I would be more that happy to put them in a giveaway when I do one. This is more of a personal disappointment. They cost £1.09 per mask, and there were two, so thats £2.18.


The Yu-Be Moisturising Cream I don't feel should have been in the box. They are really tiny and are worth £13.50 for 33g. These are 3g tubes so are worth about £1.22 each. There's nothing that gives me the impression that these are better than any other skin cream. I cannot really review this product that well because there really isn't that much to it. Personally I really dislike the smell, its as if its some hospital antiseptic. This is a real no for this product.

Lastly, the Balance Me super toning body wash. It is a quite nice smell but its definitely not my favourite. The presentation of the bottle seems really dull too. The small 50 ml bottle has a retail price of  £10.25 for 250ml, so thats £2.05 for the 50ml.

Overall, the boxes worth adds up to £18.67. Not bad but I wouldn't rush to buy any of these products. What were your views?

Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment