16 Mar 2014


So I thought I would diverge slightly from the makeup section of my blog and look at the fashion side a little more. It's official, we have hit spring! The weather has been really lovely recently which got me thinking; what must my wardrobe must contain in order to have a fashionable spring?

1.) So the first one on my list are a pair of shoes, more like boots. These have been around for a while now after they debuted in a few fashion shows last year. I think that these have become a real hit, and spring is the time for these little ones to shine. They seem quite chunky but they sure do make a statement. I really love these little gems!

2.) Secondly is a purchase I have already made. A basic t-shirt with black horizontal lines, one that gives a sort of sailor feel to it. I got mine from Zara. I think its so easy to dress up or dress down. This is a shirt that won't go out of style anytime soon.

3.) I finally managed to get myself a good pair of jeans. To most people this doesn't seem like hard thing to do, but I have always struggled with the fitting of jeans. I brought the Leigh style from Topshop and they incredibly soft! They are the perfect length for my legs and spring is a time where it's not warm enough for shorts but you also don't need to wear thermals underneath, hence why a good pair of jeans are essential for any spring time.

4.) Next up is a boyfriend fit shirt. These are definitely on trend for this spring. Not too baggy that you look like your drowning in it but not tight that it doesn't give the boyfriend shirt look. These are everywhere at the moment and it's definitely an item that needs looking into.

5.) Lastly, accessories! I have quite a few here, and firstly, drumroll.... Pastel Nail Varnish! This is a pretty obvious one but pastels are in right now, and if you aren't up for wearing pastel coloured clothing then simple nail varnish is the way forward. 

6.) Handbags, this is also a place to put pastel to use. I recently saw a lovely pastel blue bag on Asos and I'm currently counting my penny's towards it. Again, if you aren't keen on pastels, a plain white bag is also an option. You can't go wrong with a classic black bag either, but remember, spring is associated with bright and developing colours, and it could be a bit too dark. 

7.) Jewellery! Statement jewellery is on trend right now, however I am much more of a simplistic person when it comes to it. My solution is to wear several simple bracelets, a watch and a plain necklace as well as a simple ring or two, to give the same effect but it is slightly less forward. If you are comfortable wearing chunky jewellery, then go for it!

These are a few of my trends for spring. Do you agree or disagree? Would you add anything? I want to know you Spring items that are a must! 

Laura xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment