12 Aug 2014

Where do I want to go?

Having just gotten back from Berlin, I started to ask myself; where next? I am an absolutely keen traveller, its important to keep seeing as much of the world and experience as many cultures as possible.

I have no problem in admitting that I have been very fortunate to have been able to go where I have but I also believe that sometimes you have to put yourself out there to go and get what you want. After I finish my degree, I really want to travel and perhaps even live abroad for a while. A few places I have visited include: New York, Florida, Paris, Cairo, Rome, Venice, Bishkek, Shymkent, Tashkent, Barcelona, Salamanca, Murcia, Dubai, Geneva, Santander, Naples and most recently Berlin. So it's safe to say I'm no stranger to flying. If I could visit 5 places, where would I go?

1) Prague - Czech Republic

I'll be perfectly honest and say I'm not 100% sure why. I know a few people who have been here and say its a place every person should have a chance to see. It's supposedly very pretty and a place that has always been on my mind.





2) Cancun - Mexico
Supposedly a Spring Break hotspot for Americans, this is a place I really have to see for myself. White sand and killer sun, that's my idea of a nice break away. Apparently theres an underwater museum?










3) Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

No, the world cup did not inspire me to go here, and nor will the next Olympic Games, but the flamboyant colours and the carnival life seems like something to celebrate. One of the things that is always brought up is the divide between the wealthy and the poor. Apparently slums lie next to skyscraper city blocks, and this is something I really want to get a sense for myself.




4) Sydney/Gold Coast - Australia

Cheekily combining this into one, this is a place where I am determined to go to, perhaps even live? I guess we will see. The great barrier reef would be a sight in itself, let alone the beaches and the glorious weather. A hot christmas? Yes Please.






5) St Tropez/Cannes - France
 Another cheeky combo, his is definitely and up and coming place. I can't really justify why I want to go here other than it is supposedly 'a great place to be'. I guess because I live in London, and France is very close, why wouldn't I want to hop over here? Would I like to time it with Cannes Film Festival? Of Course. 
Do you have five places you HAVE to visit? Better start saving.

Laura x
(all photos taken from Google)

No comments:

Post a Comment