17 Aug 2014

6 Lifestyle Changes Until September!

I started to realise a few things about myself that I thought I could improve upon. What changes could I make to make myself feel healthier and happier? So, here I am, with 6 things I plan on doing as a sort of trial until the beginning of september to see I feel any different!

1. SAY NO TO STRAIGHTENERS!
I have never dyed my hair any outrageous colours or made it overly damaged, but I never realised how much I used straighteners, even to curl my hair. That level of heat that I used nearly everyday can't be good at all. I don't get my hair trimmed regularly but my hair isn't in too bad a state. On top of not using straighteners, I'm trying not to use hairbands that strain my hair, so hence using scrunchies. Plus, not brushing my hair when it's wet which is a thing that I do nearly all the time. I'm hoping that not using my hair straighteners for the next few weeks will allow me to see benefits!

2. WATER, WATER, WATER
I have tried this before, and it worked miracles. I am unfortunately proned to bad skin, but I went through a phase of drinking 1.5-2 litres of water a day to flush out my system and it truly worked. But it was quite hard to keep up and keep track of the water I was drinking. I remember how much better my skin was and how much it had improved, so lets start round 2. Side note, no fizzy drinks, none.

3. LIMIT THE JUNK
I will raise my hand and say I love chocolate and there is no doubt I eat way too much of it. I'm not planning on cutting it out completely, (mainly because that would be impossible for me), but making sure I'm not just eating it 'because it's there'.

4. SQUAT & LUNGE
This is more of a personal one, a photo on instagram where I was tagged made me realise how large my thighs are! This isn't really anything new to me, I've always felt my thighs have been out of proportion. So the first step is 50 squats and 50 lunges per day. Maybe Ill soon start to notice a more toned lower half soon?

5. NAIL BITING
I don't really think this is a 'lifestyle' change but I have been driven to paint my nails to cover how horribly bitten they are. They aren't as bad as when I was about 14, I have gradually become better however I really don't want to see horrible nails anymore, I'm done! I remember a gross little fact someone told be about the amount of bacteria under the nails, apparently there's a lot. Ew.

6. POSITIVITY
I wouldn't say I'm a negative person, or a pessimist, but I definitely sometimes find it hard to see the good in things. So, this isn't just a few week thing, I'm going to try and keep this up for a while, maybe see if anyone can notice a change. Not get involved in drama and stay mentally healthy.


Do you have any changes you'd like to make as the summer comes to an end?

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment