19 Aug 2014

Glossybox August

So I should start by saying I didn't expect to get a glossy box this month. I genuinely thought I had cancelled my subscription. It turns out I'm tied on until September! I guess it's not the worse thing in the world, but when you have already decided in the back of your head that you have lost all interest in this box by its constant let downs, you don't get as excited when it arrives.


……and I was right. There wasn't anything in this box that bowled me over, nothing that made me go 'wow' or 'I will definitely buy this at the shops when it runs out'. I always feel the box is full of little things that really don't suit me, despite the questionnaire that tries to match you to the correct products. Also, when I look at other reviews, I seem to get the worst set of things. The best thing about this box is the box itself. It's no longer shinny, more of a matte feel. It looked more clean cut.

1) YVES ROCHER - PINK NAIL VARNISH
Without a doubt the most pointless of all the products. Genuinely, I thought it was a joke. It isn't a normal sized nail varnish, its 3ml. So the brush is nearly impossible to pick up. Also, it isn't a very flattering pink, extremely dull!

2)FIG & ROUGE - MINI HAND CREAM
If it weren't for this, I probably would have sent the box back. It was a cute little tube of hand cream that smelt like mangos. There wasn't anything particularly great, it was just the best of a bad bunch.

3)KRYOLAN FOR GLOSSYBOX - HIGHLIGHTER CASHMERE
This was a very 'thin' product, in that you would have to layer it on to see any effect. Also, it isn't very subtle due to the shimmery look about it. It felt rather greasy and to be perfectly honest, quite poorly made. It did have a cute little box with the glossy box logo on it though.

4)PHILIP KINGSLEY -ELASTICIZER
I have yet to actually try this, however I wasn't overwhelmed by it on first impressions. It had no smell whatsoever and my first thought was, if you had long hair, and you were to cover all of your head with this, you would use more than half a tube per go, so it's not very cost effective for what it is.

5) L ALIQUE - L'AMOUR
I literally have no idea why these are put in the box. I can't stand them. I could dab a little of the perfume on my wrist and then that's about it. I completely understand that it is supposed to show you new perfumes you may have not considered before but I don't feel you get a real sense of the perfume from this tiny bottle. I would prefer another actual product such as mascara or nail varnish. On the other hand, I can really complain, as one of these is put in nearly every box.

6) ESSENCE - LONGLASTING LIPSTICK
I was excited for this product, full size. Then I saw the colour I had been given. It was as dull as the nail varnish! The only word I can describe it as is dull! It's almost the exact same colour as my lips. So I feel like I may as well just use lip balm.


For me, this box was extremely underwhelming. I am beyond disappointed. Thankfully I'm only tied on for one more box. Do you agree of disagree with my comments? Or did you get different products?

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment