6 May 2014

Michael Kors - Sexy Amber Perfume

When you visit duty free, the most common thing people do is smell every single perfume there until you can't distinguish the difference between two because you've smelt too many. I happen to do this recently, and I ended up buying Michael Kors Sexy Amber. It is one of three of its kind, all in similar bottles, just slightly different colours and smells, the other two being Sporty Citrus and Jasmine. Unfortunately, they didn't have a tester out for Jasmine, but it is one of my favourite smells, so had I been able to test it, I may have opted for that one instead.

I really feel like this one stood out from the others when testing, and having spent over half an hour smelling the whole of duty free, I decided that I would buy Sexy Amber. It is listed to included sandalwood, white florals and mandarin. I'm on par with the name, I don't love it nor hate it, but I do feel it leans towards tacky. The spray mechanism itself was very basic, which was good because it made it nice and simple. The bottle to me looks very sophisticated and elegant. The first thing I would say about the scent,
is that the perfume smells a lot weaker on the tester stick to when you spray straight from the bottle onto yourself. I was a little shocked when I opened up my new bottle and felt it was 10 times stronger than I had previously thought. I had the option of a 100ml or a 50ml. It wasn't too much more for the 100ml, but this is where I went wrong.

I should have brought the 50ml to try it first, instead I now have a bottle of perfume with an overpowering scent. I don't feel like I'm ever going to run out of it as you only need two sprays at the most. I went from really liking the perfume to, as similar with the name, being on par with the smell. It is very different when you have the bottle to yourself. I can't say I love this as what I thought I was buying was very different to what I got. But unless you try new perfumes, you'll never find a new scent. Have you tried it?

Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment