24 May 2014

e.l.f Cosmetics Review


So I wanted to try a few new things from a company called Elf Cosmetics. I wasn't really 100% sure what I should try so I went for a variety of products.

 Firstly the Studio Stipple brush. I don't have many brushes so I thought I would try this out. It was £3.95, pretty good for a brush, especially as the brush to me seemed like high quality and I loved the design of it! You have a plastic cover to keep your brush in so the bristles don't get ruined. To go with the brush, I brought some powder foundation. I am normally not a big fan of powder as I have quite dry skin so I can sometimes end up getting flakey. It was £5.95 and I personally think that it is worth it. The shade I chose online seemed very close to what I got.

Probably my favourite product in my batch is without doubt the Matte Lip Colour which I chose in Coral. I think the reason this is so great is that it lasts a long time and doesn't wear away through the day. also it a little brighter than my natural lip colour so it give a great natural look. I am definitely going to be investing in more colours. It was a great price of £3.95.

The all over cover stick which I brought in Apricot Beige, was pretty good. I can see this being great on a night out to have in your purse for a quick fix. I think the idea of this is for it to be a quick fix as it was only £1.95. This was a pretty average product that I am happy I have purchased.

The last two I brought were blusher and bronzer. I got the sun kissed bronzer and the Shy blusher. I prefer more of a natural look hence why I didn't go for any boisterous shades. Both of these work fabulously, although the bronzer has a slight shimmer in it which I wasn't a fan of and both the brushes aren't that great but still useable. Both cost £2.50.

Overall, with free postage, I paid £20.80. For what I received I would say that this is fantastic value for money and I may have found a new favourite brand! If you get a chance, please take a look at their products. I found the website very easy to use. The last thing I must add, I absolutely love the packaging. It got a simple finish on everything and the pots and pallets are all of high quality make. Hopefully I'll be able to review some more things in the future! 

Laura x


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love elf products, they are so affordable but really good quality. Might have to add a couple of these products to my wish list ;)

    reviewsonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete