7 May 2014

Met Ball: The Best and The Worst

So its that time of year again... THE MET BALL! Of course it's many girls dream to one day attend but of course the $25,000 ticket price may set the majority of us back. So heres a quick little post about what I thought of the Met Ball. The theme this year was Charles James: Beyond Fashion.

I was really impressed with last years 'Punk' theme so for me, 2014 had a lot to live up to, and to be 100% honest, I don't think it did. I feel the theme should have been more solid, as it was a bit of a mish-mash. I would do top 3 and worse 3 but there are so many people to choose from! So here is my summary of my top 5 and worse 5 dresses!

Worst 5...


  • In 5th Place for worst dress is Rita Ora. She did not pull this off one bit and the asemetric arm and leg bandage look is not a good one. 
  • In 4th place is Solance Knowles. Two words; Orange and Frumpy.
  • Taking third is Shaleene Woodley. Such a beautiful girl but with such an awful dress. I love a bit of shear material but this didn't work for her. 
  • Not far in front is Maggie Gyllenhaal with what looks like some aztec bed sheets. She has never been one of my style icons, and unfortunately I don't think she ever will be. 
  • Taking first for worst dress is Kate Upton. This decision comes mainly from they fact she is a stunning lady that has fallen flat on her face by wearing a dress that makes her look a little like a russian wench. I had such high expectations for her and this did not work one bit!     

Now for the better half! It was a tough choice but here are my top 5 of the night:

  • Although I didn't really seem to see the relationship to the theme (not that I did with many), Rosie Huntington-Whitely slips into 5th; the way her hair has been done really compliments the dress that shows off her amazing legs! It's a killer style dress.
  • Close 4th is Victoria Beckham. She really seemed to understand Anna Wintour's theme and the simple elegance won all round. Of course it does help having Mr. Beckham on your arm but even without him, she would have looked stunning. 
  • A surprisingly upcoming Kendall Jenner stole the night in a Topshop dress that suited her figure like a glove. Kendall seems to have real aspirations in the modelling world which I admire, and she seems to be going the right way about it. I think her hair could have been slightly bigger or styled different but the necklace was a win and the colour of the dress didn't dull her down.
  • I am not a taylor swift fan at all but I have to admit she has style. The back of this dress is incredible and she pulls it off. Not sure about the red lipstick but her hair is perfect.
  • The dress of the night goes to Emmy Rossum! She pulled this off in a way I can't imagine anyone else being able to. I don't like yellow a lot but she makes it work and she is simply stunning in this outfit! 
Just some side notes, Kim Kardashian looked a hundred times better than the granny curtains she wore last year, and a let down for me was Emma Stone. She had an amazing outfit but she went way too far on the make-up, she's caked! Cara Delevigne looked more like she was going for a night out to a bar rather than to a ball and Beyonce did not wow me in the slightest, in fact her dress was one of my least favourites. I feel she's trying too hard to be something shes not. Rachel McAdams would have been in my top 10 had I made one, she wore such a simple dress but pulled it off impeccably. Lupita's dress was insane and she was close to being on my worse list however I do commend her for pushing the boat. Lastly, Adriana Lima dissapointed me a little, but she still pulled it off and Lily Aldridge look great although a little on the stick thin side.

All of these are solely my views, but I would LOVE  to hear your best and worst!

Laura x

(Credit to ELLE for the pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment